Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Organization

This is a constant battle of mine. I was not raised by an organized person. In fact I have lived with clutter my whole life, and honestly don't remember my mother ever not being a pack rat.

I don't consider my self a pack rat- I do purge and throw away things, but I am terrible about putting things away and making sure that everything has a home. I am not setting a positive example for the kids- and so, I am making a positive effort to change.

I have been following this flylady thing - kind of half heatedly for a few years. I found this book- "One Year to an Organized Life" and I bought it. It has a different major task each month- the topics include: January (Kitchen), February (Bedroom), March (Business of Life), April (Bathrooms), May (hidden areas - garage, laundry room, guest room), June (traveling), July (crafts), August (moving), September (Back to School), October (Common Rooms), November (entertaining), and December (holidays)

Because I just don't have the "Hidden Areas" discussed in the book- I am changing May- to be the Master Bedroom. And I decided after that I will do June- Business of LIfe, and July will be Back to School and August will be Common Rooms. October can be Bathrooms and then November and December can be on track with the book.

wish me luck!

1 comment:

Regina Leeds said...

I am delighted you found my book and are tailoring it to your needs. Please read the Introduction and the first two chapters before you start....that will let you know the vocabulary of the book, so to speak.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

And remember: getting organized is simply mastering a skill...one you were not taught. Everyone and anyone can do this!

Many blessings on your journey,
Regina Leeds